Thursday, May 24, 2007

RSS Feeds


Hi
I am late finishing this exercise on RSS feeds and yes, like everyone else, I found this exercise the most difficult. Well , the only difficult bit was the RSS feed from EBSCO. Selecting and managing RSS feeds from elsewhere was a breeze. I can also see how useful RSS is in trying to manage an explosion, not only of information, but information sources. It is useful using Bloglines to search for Blogs on a topic as well as using it as a host for managing sources of interest.
I think it interesting that the RSS feed from the database was so difficult , even when following instructions. Even when following others intructions, Ebsco doesn't seem to want to email me my alert, so I give up on it for now. This is how students feel I am sure, when they revert to using Google instead of the databases. It all just seems too difficult.
For now, I need to move on
ELLE

1 comment:

ELLE said...

Hi
it is me again saying how pleased i am to have been able to master RSS feeds from Ebsco. some of the problem occurs because the email from Ebsco took so long and it is this URL you need for bloglines and not the RSS feed URL in the setup which doesn't seem logical. oh well at least I have it down now.
ELLE