Thursday, September 13, 2007

How to use Web 2.0 in your library

Hi
I have just read a great little book that I thought I should share with you.

How to use Web 2.0 in your library / Phil Bradley.
London : Facet Publishing, 2007.

It was easy to read and covered a wide range of technologies such as weblogs, start pages, instant messagingsearch engines, tagging, Flickr and more. For each of these technologies, there were suggestions for using the technology as part of the library service and a short list of useful web addresses.

I particulary liked the idea of the library photo tour (with accompanying voice). My team currently has a key objective to promote our library resources and this seemed like a great idea for advising students where specific subject areas are located and a visual snapshot of some new items in the area. We do have some general podcasts of the library, but the photo tour particularly appealed to me. I must be a visual person.

Read the book and want something online then you might find these addresses useful as Phil has made a spot where you can contribute.
www.zimbio.com/portal/How+to+use+Web+2.0+in+your+library or
Http://doiop.com/web2.0 or
http://tinyurl.com/ybmx4c
Good hunting and don't forget to share any good ideas.
ELLE

1 comment:

Phil said...

Hi, Thanks for your positive comments - I'm glad that you found the book useful.