Friday, September 7, 2007

Challenges and Opportunites: Peer Produced Knowledge and Australian Education

Hi
I am trying Kathryn's 15 minute a day trick to getting things done in Web 2.0. I cames across the following report, which I havn't read, but thought I would share it with you as the author is an interesting one and I did attend the Jimmy Wales seminar and this may be one ofthe papers. i shall catch up with it over the weekend.

*REPORT: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES: PEER-PRODUCED KNOWLEDGE AND AUSTRALIAN EDUCATION* This report, by Mark Pesce, reflects on the education.au 2007 seminar featuring Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia. Mark identifies three areas that present opportunities and challenges entitled: Control vs Chaos; Firewalls vs Freedom; and Staying Current vs Staying Present. Educators were encouraged to ponder the challenges and opportunities of peer-produced knowledge production.
Further Information: http://url.edna.edu.au/SqC7
Happy reading ELLE

No comments: